Crf230f Fuel Problem
  • Thourotti

Crf230f Fuel Problem

by Thourotti » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:44 pm

So I have a 2004 crf230f. Sometimes when I came to a stop and put it in neutral it would start spitting gas out of the overflow and sometimes I’ll leave it sit and put the fuel on and it would still do it when it wasn’t even running. I was going to make sure the float wasn’t sticking and clean the carb and broke a needle so I just put a new carb in it and it’s still happening. Also, after about an hour of hard riding it will start cutting it and out like it’s not getting the fuel it needs. This happened before and after the new carb as well. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
    JimDirt

Re: Crf230f Fuel Problem

by JimDirt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:35 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

Just because it is a "new" carb , does not mean it might not need the float adjusted or checked , sometimes carbs sit for a long time and can stick or even rot the rubber parts .... What I would do , is give the new carb a thorough going over ...... also check the vent line to the tank/cap , it may be clogged and that is causing a vacuum draw which would keep the gas from flowing out thru the valve/line ... if you remove the cap and it sucks or makes a noise like a jar of jam when you first open it , that would also indicate it not venting correctly

That is where I would start ....
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: Crf230f Fuel Problem

by Aussiecrf230 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:39 pm

Why you have it off make sure the needle valve is actually sealing and stopping fuel when the float is up.
    You can get gunk in there or varnish build up stopping it from sealing.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas