Jetting Help Please
  • migga

Jetting Help Please

by migga » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:26 am

After some carb jetting, air/fuel and air box etc suggesting for the following set up please.
    2006 CRF 230f
    Full Pro Circuit t4 exhaust
    O-500m altitude
    20-35 deg celcius
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: Jetting Help Please

by Aussiecrf230 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:15 am

Hi migga,
    Have a read through here for some ideas about jetting.
    https://www.crfsonly.com/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=13473

You have the option of staying with you existing needle and change the main out to say 120 and the idle to a 45. The adjustable fuel screw is worth the money too.
    Nobody can give you an exact "use this jet with that setup" as every bike is slightly different. The whole point of changing exhausts etc is to get that bit extra punch and rideability by fine tuning your setup.

People have also had success with the standard needle up to 2005 ( more clip positions to adjust) as well as the power up needle. Try the jets with your needle first and see if you are happy with it.
    I would pull the snorkel out when changing the jets, but leave the other rubber piece in especially if you ride through water some times.

Hope that helps and any questions just hop back on for a chat.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • migga

by migga » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:31 am

Thanks Ray. The bike is currently stock with a #102 main jet etc (seems to run well) except the exhaust baffle was non existant when purchased.
    I find it exceptionally loud and the cost of just a baffle ridiculous. I have a buyer for my full stock exhaust and found a full t4 system for $350AU so figured why not.
    Being new to the whole rejetting thing I just didn't want to whack a new exhaust on, pull the air box restrictor and damage the engine. I'll try what you suggested and see how it goes, thanks again🤙🏻
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:14 am

I run stock, without the baffle and yes is loud.
    Not sure what the t4 decibel rating is but probably worth checking before purchase.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas