Its about the same Engines of HONDA CRF 230 - HH KARIZMA R '
    sjreddy

Its about the same Engines of HONDA CRF 230 - HH KARIZMA R '

by sjreddy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi,
    I am new here. but I was wondering, if I get the information about HH KARIZMA R .
    I have HERO HONDA KARIZMA R (MADE IN INDIA) ,
    made From HONDA CRF 230 .
    what I want to know is, I am just giving the engine details of KARIZMA R .
    BRAND :HERO HONDA
    MODEL :KARIZMA R
    MADE IN :INDIA
    DISPLACEMENT :223 CC
    BORE & STROKE : 65.5 x 66.2
    COMPRESSION RATIO : 9:1

so, as previously discussed a topic regarding 250 cc big bore kit to CRF 230 .

I want to know, is it possible to fit a big bore kit TO KARIZMA R .
    I just love my bike (Karizma) .
    is their any chance or way to install performance cam shaft, wall rockers, titanium valves, performance piston & rings.
    if I add stuff to Karizma, does it decrease the mileage?

experts may say, sale that bike and get new one.
    but I haven't feel any bikes gives more comfortable than this bike...

Information and suggestions will be great appreciated ..
    Thank you.
    Harkon

by Harkon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 pm

From Wikipedia;
    "Performance and fuel economy

Karizma has the tried and tested, but slightly detuned version of 223 cc SOHC air-cooled engine from the CRF230 series of enduro/MX/supermoto bikes that are sold in the USA and South American markets. It has a five-speed gearbox in place of the CRF's six-speed. The engine is an all-aluminium, undersquare engine (bore 65.5 mm or 2.58 in and stroke 66.2 mm or 2.61 in) running a compression ratio of 9:1. It features a Kehlin CV carburettor with a CCVI switch. The top speed is around 130 km/h and the 0–60 km/h is achieved around 3.8 seconds. The Karizma is reported to have an overall fuel economy of 40 km/l (90 mpg or 2.4 l/100 km), with a best of 50 km/l (120 mpg) and a worst of 28 km/l (66 mpg)"

link to full article;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_Honda_Karizma_R
    sjreddy

I am planing to add

by sjreddy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Thanks for your reply And information.
    I was thinking, to add a big bore kit to Karizma, which fits to CRF 230 (big bore kit is 250 cc) .
    but I have knew few things about cars and bikes. instead of adding a big bore kit, it better to buy and fit a Good cam shaft and valves some performance piston and rings. which improves little power.
    what I want to know is, CRF 230 PERFORMANCE PARTS CAN BE FIT IN KARIZMA?
    one more,
    can I make Karizma 6 speed, like CRF 230 .
    IF can please give me Details.
    Thank you.
    Harkon

by Harkon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm a bit out of my depth on this one, but I'll try to answer your questions. As the Karzima is already detuned with respect to the CRF230, my guess is that the carb is probably smaller and the cams and possibly the head. My guess is that you could probably use any of the CRF230 parts directly in the engine, but you will need to make sure the engine is both fueled and timed properly. In other words, once you start to change things internally, you will be changing things externally as well.

In all likelihood, it will be very difficult to impossible to make your bike a 6 speed. In my honest opinion, with what you want to do, and if you want to make it a 6 speed as well, starting with a servicable CRF230 engine would make your journey that much easier, and likely less expensive. You will be rebuilding it anyway, so as long as the engine is servicable, you should be able to get the entire bike, for the cost of all of the trans parts you'd need to make it a 6 speed.

I will qualify all of this with I have never had a CRF230 apart and have never even seen a Karizma. So an expert I'm NOT!. Best of luck.
    sjreddy

Opened the bike engine

by sjreddy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:07 am

Thank you so much for your valuable information.
    To notice you, we have already open the Karizma Engine.
    I have taken picture of every part.
    is their any way, I can post the pic's here. you will see them (Bore, head, piston, rings, crank, chambers, gears, and etc......
    I need more information regarding Karizma.
    Thanks once again.
    sjreddy

How much a Crf 230 cost

by sjreddy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:10 am

I was in a dilemma, how much a CRF 230 ENGINE, 6 Speed cost.
    used or new.