Dunlops new arrivals
    motosicko

Dunlops new arrivals

by motosicko » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:44 pm

I have been using the sorta new Dunlop 745's on my bikes and really like the improved traction over the 756's I've been running the last several years. The 745 front comes in 2 sizes 80/100-21 and 90/100-21,I'm running the 90 on my 450R and the 80 on wifes 250R, and feel a big difference in the amount I can lay the bike over in a turn. The rear matches the front well. It comes in 110/80-19 and 120/80-19. The wider footprint along with the 80 profile seems to work better in MX than the traditional 90 ht. tires. Now Dunlop is comming out with the MX51, Intermediate Terrain and MX31, Soft Terrain tires in March. Can't wait to get these on my bikes for a review.
    "There are old racers
    and there are bold racers,
    but there are no old, bold racers who don't walk funny."
    motosicko

by motosicko » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Dunlop introduces new Geomax line of tires that set new standards for motocross performance

Today at Perris Raceway in Southern California, the motorcycle press has gathered for the introduction of a revolutionary new tire line called Geomax. As you read this, the motocross media will be riding on the all-new Dunlop MX51 motocross tire all day on a prepped track and experiencing first-hand the amazing performance of the new MX51.

To find out more about Dunlop’s new Geomax line of motocross tires including a complete selection of mini sizes, check out our new digital publication Dunlop Download at www.dunlopmotorcycle.com

Every Dunlop motorcycle tire embodies the company’s dedication to extensive research, rigorous development and torturous testing, and the new line of Geomax tires are the latest motocross products that exemplify this uncompromising commitment.

The Geomax MX51, successor to the immensely popular D756 series, excels beyond the D756’s legendary performance, and is destined to create a new legend of its own. The MX51 is designed to excel in intermediate terrain while also delivering excellent performance in both soft terrain as well as hard-pack conditions, plus added durability. The Geomax MX31 supplants the D773 and sets new performance benchmarks in soft terrain, especially in sandy and muddy conditions. Both tires are aimed squarely at riders who compete on the racetrack, as well as serious enthusiasts who want the ultimate performance from their tires.

Dunlop engineers achieved a high level of performance across varied terrain through the adoption of carcass construction first unveiled in the D756RR racing tire. Additionally, engineers applied the compound and tread design technology developed through the extensive use of three-dimensional FEM (finite element modeling) and FEA (finite element analysis resulting in our new Geomax Reinforced Pattern™). This technology was then used to create a series of prototypes tested extensively throughout the 2008 AMA Supercross and Motocross series by Dunlop’s professional racers, including Honda Red Bull Racing’s Andrew Short and Davi Millsaps, and GEICO Honda’s Kevin Windham and his 2008 Supercross Lites East champion teammate Trey Canard. Further fine-tuning of the formula took place at Dunlop’s Huntsville Proving Grounds.

The MX51 and MX31 are available now from your Dunlop dealer.
    "There are old racers
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:13 am

Let us know Nick...they sure look good ! Doug
  • 275 -450

by 275 -450 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:26 pm

i am running the geo 51 and they are the best dunlops yet so sweet.wear is good some ripping and chunking but the track i ride on has rocks.
    motosicko

by motosicko » Thu May 07, 2009 9:27 am

Got out to Thunder Valley yesterday, the track was a bit muddy in the usual damp sections and the usual mix everywhere else, hardpack, loamy, good ruts, a little bit of everything. The MX51's did an excellent job everywhere. I've run 756"s for a long time, good lasting tires. Recently been using 745's, hard/int. tire and like them better than 756's, but they wear faster, softer compound. The MX51 track better in ruts, corners and all around. We'll see how well they wear and how they perform at other tracks, they still look new after about 30 laps at TV, and that track is hard on rubber. I LIKE :-D
    "There are old racers
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 am

You bet.
    I've got to try a set of those. Doug
  • Josh97501

Geomax 51

by Josh97501 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Ive heard they are great on the track. I tried one in the woods. About 12 hours on it and its toast. Trial and Error right......Lol
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.....