2017 CRF250l Rally/Non rally skid plate swap
  • Mcramer

2017 CRF250l Rally/Non rally skid plate swap

by Mcramer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:47 pm

I have cut the lower portion of the plastic fairing off of my 2017 CRF250l rally . I was told that a skid plate for a non rally will fit because they have the same frame. And without the bulky plastics in the way i can bolt it right up. Is this correct? :-k
    JimDirt

Re: 2017 CRF250l Rally/Non rally skid plate swap

by JimDirt » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:01 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

From what info I just gathered on Honda's website , they seem to be the same basic bike/frame , the only listed differences I found was suspension length was longer on the Rally , and the obvious add-ons , so with that info , I would say they are the same frame and yes the skid plate should work ;)

Can I ask what your reason for removing the bottom fairing was for ??? , easier maintenance ?? , as i would think the purpose to get the Rally over the base L would be because of the "Dakar look" of the fairings , etc , since otherwise in performance (minus suspension differences) they are the same bike but at a higher price because of the fairing and add-ons , so removing it to me seems to defeat the purpose of buying the more expensive model ..... :? 8-[
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho