Hoses routeing
    luisonair

Hoses routeing

by luisonair » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi, is there a diagram or a way to know the hoses routeing for a 2004 crf250x? I recently discovered the hot start unpplugged from the carb, so I tried to reconnect it but it was too difficult to screw it in, so I had to unscrew the rear frame and the rear shock to get to the carb and finally connect the hot starter, but now I have a hose that I dont know where it goes, is the one that comes from a three way splitter and before that splitter one comes from the right crankcse and the other tip goes down where all the other vent hoses goes.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    2004 CRF250X
    2007 CRF230F
    JimDirt

Re: Hoses routeing

by JimDirt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:43 am

It could be the hose that just vents to the air , look at this picture , note the hose clipped onto the hose going to the valve cover , it also shows the T fittings and hoses connected , trace those and see if you have yours set up like the picture , this should guide you to what hose is not connected on yours

Also , the best way to connect the Hot Start is to twist the carb to the right by loosening both hold down clamps and grabbing the top and pushing it to the right , it will only go so far , but it should be enough to guide the Hot Start button into the carb and snug down the nut , just as twisting to the left makes installing and removing the throttle cables , no need to lift the subframe and remove the carb by doing it that way
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 am

As Jim stated that is the vent to atmosphere line. The line from the "T" going down is the transmission vent and from the "T" is the larger diameter hose that is the case / valve cover / engine vent going out as you show in the picture to atmosphere.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
    luisonair

by luisonair » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Thank you very much Jim and Back2-2, so is the hose that is grabbed by a hook on the head valve hose?, it seems that hook is missing in mine. So I´ll just zip tie it. In the drawing, the tip of the hose look different mine has two 90 degree turns, that´s why wasn´t able to identify it.

thanks
    2004 CRF250X
    2007 CRF230F
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm

The picture should give you a indication as to what hose it is , if you have a hose that looks like the one for the vent hooked elsewhere , then you may have set them up wrong and that is why it looks wrong to you , its possible that the lower hose off the bottom T going to the left side of the bike is the hose you have , and the one that is supposed to be by the valve cover is swapped with it , as it looks to have a few sharp bends in it from looking at the picture i posted , so its possible you just need to swap those 2 and you will have the correct looking routing , as there are only 2 hoses i see in the picture that have 90deg. or close to that , bends , which is the T to the left and the Valve Cover hose , so try to match your bends to the picture , it does not have to be a exact match as the picture , and the main concern is that every hose is connected where it should be and the ones that go to open air are as they need to be .... ;)
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 am

Jim, they are two different diameter hoses. The valve cover hose is the larger diameter and the hose going to the transmission is the smaller. The hose in the picture is from the valve cover for case ventilation to atmosphere.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
    luisonair

by luisonair » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Thanks again, this it what I have. And yeah the one that goes to the valve cover seems a little bit wider than the one I don´t know where it goes, like Back2-2 says. Actually the one that comes from valve cover goes to a splitter that looks more like a Y, after that one tip goes to the air box and the other one goes to the left of the bike and seems to be cancelled by a plug. And the hose that I dont know where it goes comes from a connector that is more like a T and the other tips coming from the right crankcase and the other goes to ground. So this hose only needs to be placed unconnected like a snorkel or something like that?
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    2004 CRF250X
    2007 CRF230F