17' 250x bashed radiator.
  • HeWhoAteTheCaviar

17' 250x bashed radiator.

by HeWhoAteTheCaviar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 am

Over the weekend my friends and I decided to tackle the Boundary Trail here in Southeast Idaho and in the process of doing so I bashed in my left radiator pretty significantly. It isn't leaking any radiator fluid but i am concerned that the damage done will hinder the airflow through the radiator. Ive attached an image of the damage below. What should I do? replace it with an upgraded radiator or keep the stock one? i'm torn.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    20. Pocatello Idaho. 17' CRF450RX
  • Back2-2

Re: 17' 250x bashed radiator.

by Back2-2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:01 pm

That happens - don't sweat it. Radiator guards are priceless ;)

Here is what I would do - take from it what you want.

I would run some strong wire through the radiator in that damaged / pushed in area and use the wire to carefully pull out the dented section. Slow but sure and you can probably get that back to a pretty decent shape. May take some engineering to get the leverage needed to pull it out but where there is a will there is a way. I would not buy a new one unless that one is leaking and not repairable. There is such a insignificant change in the cooling from that dented area that I doubt it could be measured.
    Then I would mount some radiator guards and get back to riding. =DD
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200