250x won't snap back to idle
    speeedracer62

by speeedracer62 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 am

Walkmnn,

Thanks! I was consumed with getting that thing to run right. I would suggest that you apply the AP mod to your carb. Its easy to do and will cost you practically nothing. I used an O-ring that came in my JD jet kit to tie the two levers together and my diaphragm was already 2mm long. Goto http://www.squadpage.com/pandora/Profes ... %20Mod.pdf for the complete step by step.

Speed
    speeedracer62

by speeedracer62 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:12 am

Walkmnn,

Did you apply the AP mod to your bike yet? Just wondering if you got it running better yet.

I took my bike last week and went camping at an ATV/MX park in NC. This 250X is a ROCKET! It runs so strong and its super responsive! I love it. Should of bought one sooner. I had been riding a '83 XL600 that I bought new. Its like driving a TANK thru the woods. After I bought my kid a '07 250R and rode it I knew I was in love and wanted one. So the XL sits in the corner now.

Let us know about your bog issue.

Speed
    walkmnn

by walkmnn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:03 am

It runs grteat. Decided not to do the QS2 due to some funds but the bike screams. Thanks for asking.

Walkmnn
  • JMorgan

Re: 250x won't snap back to idle

by JMorgan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Ha....seven years after you guys all had this discussion, I just bought a used 2006 CRF250x and it's having this same problem. Thanks for the solution! Parts ordered....hope it works. (R&D flex jet fuel screw and 48 pilot jet.) Thanks Speedracer62!
  • JMorgan

Re: 250x won't snap back to idle

by JMorgan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 am

Speedracer62, I owe you a lot! I followed your fixes putting the R&D FlexJet fuel screw and the 48 pilot jet. It took a bit of tweaking but I finally got my 250x to snap to full rev and right back to idle....just like it's supposed to. Thanks much!

Here's what really surprises me: there is nowhere to find any instructions about correct setting of the fuel screw! I've seen remarks on forums about 1.5 turns, 2 turns.....and my own Honda shop in South Jordan, UT (@ 4,400' elevation) told me 2.5 turns. And the REAL problem is that the stock fuel screw is nearly inaccessible until you pull the carb out! How in the world could anyone even get to the screw to make adjustments??

When all was said and done, my fuel screw needed to be open nearly 3 full turns before things started to behave properly. It was only then that I could get the idle screw to finish the job. So it appears to me that it takes a fairly precise amount of fuel screw to get the bike to idle fast enough so as to close the slide (via the idle screw) enough to stop the airflow so the slide can properly do its job. Anyway, thanks again!