Obama?
  • rhiocrf230

by rhiocrf230 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:40 am

when is the last time you purchased a product made in Iran. or Egypt or Iraq or Saudi Arabi. If it was not for Oil then quess what these wonderfull nations would have......
    MattBennett23

by MattBennett23 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:21 am

But they do have the oil... What the hell does that have to do with anything anyways? So they have oil, are they not supposed to sell it??
    riddler9

by riddler9 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:16 pm

mxracer76 wrote:I have a few questions.

Why do some people think that their country is better than someone elses?

Why do some people think that their religion is better than someone elses?

Why do some people think that their beliefs are right and all others are wrong?

And most importantly, why can we all just get along?

We all breathe the same air. We all live under the same sun. We all bleed when we are cut. We all have dreams. We all have nightmares. We are all human beings!!!

Human nature. Face facts - we were all born into a religion and country. If that religion and country have not caused direct harm then we tend to embrace it. When we see other religions and countries causing harm then we tend to resent, seek change, even fear.

If you believe all terrorists are Muslims then you probably envision terrorists every time you see a Muslim pray - you may even think they are praying for our destruction. Works in reverse as well - if other countries see us in combat in another country then they think we are all about war. Sad stuff, but again, human nature.

I think we tend to forget or ignore the amount of information we are so fortunate to have access to. I would imagine that if I was born in Pakistan and a Muslim, and not afforded the information that I have access to then I would come to so pretty crappy conclusions about the world and the US. Governments matter. They have the ability to provide information, or conceal, twist, and falsify. Human nature will respond accordingly - if we know we are being lied to we will rebel; if we believe we have the facts we will conform without knowledge of options.

Do I agree with our President about "Muslims" being part of our history, no. Other cultures have far more to do with the building of the US. Muslims were hardly addressed or thought of in any real fashion until they sought to do us harm. Heck, even after the embassy incident in Iran we did not have resentment for "Muslims" - we resented Carter far more!

I do believe we have the responsibility to think though things, understand who we are fighting, and why. We cannot give in to the human desire to generalize and put all Muslims in the same basket. Again, we have access (Obama may prefer we did not) to information and can make a choice. Don't get me wrong, I am very aware that most terrorists are Muslims and support focusing our efforts on determining if a Muslim is a terrorist instead of a 75 year old lady from Georgia who's family lived in the same small town for the last 4 generations - racial profiling my butt - that's just not being a candyass.

Ok, yeah, hard to follow, may not make sense, but I feel better so that is all that matters!
    Official Lurker

MattBennett23

by MattBennett23 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:46 pm

True, Muslims may not have had a big part in the forming of this country, but neither did anyone other than white males. Muslims, blacks, mexicans, women, none of them wrote our constitution or bill of rights. The have all played significant roles in our country as we stand today. The country has changed a lot in the last 100 years with the help of people of all races, religions, and genders.

Luckily those white men that did form our country were forward thinkers. When they wrote about our countries values they said things such as all men being created equal. We have no official national language or religion. Our history has a sorted past, but we value all races and religions. Our war on terror is not a war on Islam. Christians have terrorists too.

We have national monuments telling other countries how we live and what we believe:

"A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

No one is from America but the Indians. Most cultures we have here came to America to avoid injustices and persecution from religious biggots. I dont understand how we forgot what our country was founded on and what we believe in. Its sad that a bunch of white men 500 years ago were smarter than we are today... You all should be ashamed...
  • rhiocrf230

by rhiocrf230 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 pm

To be honest not all Muslims are out to do us harm, but this seems to hit the nail on the head. So what is the solution

.Subject: UnHappy Muslims

THE MUSLIMS ARE NOT HAPPY!

They’re not happy in Gaza.
    They’re not happy in Egypt.
    They’re not happy in Libya.
    They’re not happy in Morocco.
    They’re not happy in Iran.
    They’re not happy in Iraq.
    They’re not happy in Yemen.
    They’re not happy in Afghanistan.
    They’re not happy in Pakistan.
    They’re not happy in Syria.
    They’re not happy in Lebanon.

SO, WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY?

They’re happy in Australia.
    They’re happy in Canada.
    They’re happy in England.
    They’re happy in France.
    They’re happy in Italy.
    They’re happy in Germany.
    They’re happy in Sweden.
    They’re happy in the USA.
    They’re happy in Norway.
    They’re happy in Holland.
    They’re happy in Denmark.

Basically, they’re happy in every country that is not Muslim…and unhappy in every country that is!

AND WHO DO THEY BLAME?

Not Islam.
    Not their leadership.
    Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN! And then—wait for it!—they want to change those countries to be like….THE COUNTRIES THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY!
  • staffy24

by staffy24 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:37 am

my nephew is sas and is in the middle east at this moment i know what he is fighting for and against he wastes muslims and brings home trophys he calls them muslims not terrorists
    over 40 still ridin hard
    still learning
    MattBennett23

by MattBennett23 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:01 am

It's a sad world we live in....
  • Old Dude

by Old Dude » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:16 pm

The world is not always a happy place. Not all people are nice. Its the way it is and it will always be that way. Lets do what we can do to make it as happy and.as safe as we can. If that means the use of deadly force ...so be it.
    O.D.
    '06 250X: http://crfsonly.com/forum/garage.php?mo ... le&CID=386
    '03 CRF230
    '04 CRF230
    '08 750 Shadow Spirit
    '01 Polaris Sportsman 600
    '03 CRF50
    '04 KLX110
    Kazuma Falcon90
    MattBennett23

by MattBennett23 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Absolutely!! But the poster above (staffy) said that members of Australia's military are not calling the combatants terrorists, he is calling them Muslims. The war is not a war on Muslims, or any religion. We are fighting a war on terror. Terror is caused by people of all religions, not just Islam. I hope that our U.S. military represented our country, and our respect and right to practice any religion we so choose, better than this. This is not a fight on Islam, people...