The Cow and The Ice Cream
    paul turner

by paul turner » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:46 pm

--From a teacher in the Nashville area

"Why are worried about 'the cow' when it is all about the 'Ice Cream?'

The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade last year...

The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president. We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches. Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Everyone applauded and he sat down.

Now is was Olivia's turn to speak. Her speech was concise. She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give all of you ice cream." She sat down.

The class went wild. "Yes! Yes!

We want ice cream." She surely would say more.. She did not have to.

A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure but she promised ice cream. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it. She didn't know but you will get free ice cream.

The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream.

Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a landslide.

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream and 52 percent of the grown American people reacted like nine year olds. They wanted ice cream. The other 48 percent know someone is going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess." because nothing is 'free'.

This is the ice cream Obama promised us!

Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken from someone else.
    If you ain't crashin', you ain't ridin' :-)
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:01 pm

So what happened??? Did the kids get Ice Cream???

This political stuff confuses me, but I'm all for Ice Cream... :shock: :lol: :lol:
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:07 am

AS,
    You just want that special chocolate flavor from the picture above, don't you.

Glad to see it was a landslide over there, it should make for some interesting news articles over the coming months
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:09 am

Aussiecrf230 wrote:AS,
    You just want that special chocolate flavor from the picture above, don't you.

Glad to see it was a landslide over there, it should make for some interesting news articles over the coming months

Hahaha...well for us Californians, it was a mixed bag. In our State, we made no progress. Democrats tightened their noose around our necks and things will get worse.

Nationally, we kicked azz. Took over the house with an added 65 seats. Nearly took the Senate too!!! Added 6 seats there. Most importantly, we delivered a huge bitch slap to Obama and set him straight that his agenda is dead.
  • Old Dude

by Old Dude » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:33 am

I heard it discribed well yesterday morning on the radio re the situation here in Ca. The "Takers" outnumbered the "Makers." The Makers are getting fed up and are leaving in droves cause they're tired of financing these slacker Takers. It will only get worse because with the makers leaving, taxes will be increased (simple majority vote now that 'they' dumped the 2/3 requirement) to make up for their lost revenue. The place is on the skids and the rest of the country is ROFLTAO.
    Get my kid thru school and it's adios muchachos!
    O.D.
    '06 250X: http://crfsonly.com/forum/garage.php?mo ... le&CID=386
    '03 CRF230
    '04 CRF230
    '08 750 Shadow Spirit
    '01 Polaris Sportsman 600
    '03 CRF50
    '04 KLX110
    Kazuma Falcon90
    nminus1

by nminus1 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:54 pm

I hear No Cal are fed up and want a separate state. But with the voting coming from SF and bay area, they have helped Calif to remain doomed with the likes of Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, Diane Feinstien and Barby Boxer. Meanwhile our candidate Cooley looks like he is losing to another Nor Cal candidate, seems lately No Cal is the problem not the solution. If you guys did secede, maybe So Cal could finally get a Repub in office despite our abundance of illegal beaners!
  • Old Dude

by Old Dude » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:04 am

if you look at the numbers it would appear that NorCal east (all but alpine Co) voted red. The coastal area with its dense population (take that the way you want) seems to wield the voting power. Trust me, the Drs and Nurses that I work with are pissed. MDs talkin bout movin their practices out of state...the election results are not representative of the NorCal political stance...or am I livin in a bubble. BTW the the NorCal nurses did not support Moonbeam. The Nurses UNION did.
    Instigator jump in here bud.
    Oh Oh it's gettin late gotta run off to work. Some "Taker" is counting on it
    O.D.
    '06 250X: http://crfsonly.com/forum/garage.php?mo ... le&CID=386
    '03 CRF230
    '04 CRF230
    '08 750 Shadow Spirit
    '01 Polaris Sportsman 600
    '03 CRF50
    '04 KLX110
    Kazuma Falcon90