Our CR250 went swimming
    dodemans

Our CR250 went swimming

by dodemans » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:41 am

We drive alot on this terrain but i'm telling you there was never a hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwdJVfZac0A

Just a oil change and good to go! =DD :lol:
    -CRF 250 2004 with 2017 dual akra exhaust system - Road legal approved 2020 \:D/
    JimDirt

Re: Our CR250 went swimming

by JimDirt » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Wow :shock: , that's gotta suck ..,.... Yea the hole did not look that deep looking at the surrounding puddle , maybe a foot at most ........ Bet that was a big surprise :o ...Hopefully when you got it home you did a major engine flush and repacked the silencer and drained and cleaned the carb , and blew out all the connectors ..... now would be a good time to use Dielectric Grease at all connections , to help keep the moisture out , just in case you run across ...or rather into another deep puddle 8-[ .......
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
    dodemans

by dodemans » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 am

He did a top end rebuild and flushed the engine with Diesel and Several times oil.
    It works like new again but it def wasn't good for the poor cr
    -CRF 250 2004 with 2017 dual akra exhaust system - Road legal approved 2020 \:D/
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:45 pm

On a related note (trust me) he needs to take all the linkage , swingarm , wheel , steering head bearings out and clean and regrease/repack them all as well , along with something that is usually overlooked ...... Take the chain adjuster bolts out and flush out the swingarm with WD-40 , then on the swingarm side of the weld where the wheel goes , on the bottom of the swingarm , drill a 1/4" hole , so if/when the bike is in any water , the swingarm will drain ..... I don't know how many times I have seen the adjuster bolts rusted in place and end up stripping out the threads and then the swingarm becomes a project trying to get the rusted bolt out , then re-tapping the threads or having to install Heli-Coils , so put in the drain hole now , before it becomes a problem later

Drill the hole where indicated on the underside center just behind the weld (don't drill at the weld or you will miss the inside of the swingarm and drill into the plate for the bolt , which will not allow it to drain)
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho