Single Track Fun
    JimDirt

Single Track Fun

by JimDirt » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 am

Went on a ride (by myself so i took it easy)on my 450X , 4th of July Weekend (Saturday July 6th)to Sagehen Reservoir just west of Smiths Ferry in Southwest Idaho about 80 miles from where i live , i rode a total of 82 miles of mostly single track that day , this is a small part of it , the trail is Joes Creek Trail , which is my favorite trail in that area , its pretty much all single track, finally got around to uploading it

2 parts , first is going up the mountain , which starts out above the reservoir , second is going back down , which ends up putting you about 8 miles east from the reservoir

EDIT: Forgot to mention , i will be 54 in August

Part 1
    https://vimeo.com/70304420

Part 2
    https://vimeo.com/70308510
    Last edited by JimDirt on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • saefabri

by saefabri » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 am

Rocks, cows, and washed out track turn it to be a good exercise, :P :P
    I think the most challenge is riding alone!

Great stuff, thanks.

BTW, do you need to have the bike licensed to cross these kind of tracks.
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:12 pm

They have a "Restricted Plate" here in Idaho , it allows you to ride fire roads (i just have the Off-Road Sticker , no plate on mine) , but depending where you ride , most dont enforce the plate , i talk to Rangers all the time when i ride there, and they dont even look at my sticker

And yea i like riding alone as well , that way i dont have to wait for everyone i ride with , usually when i go there (with other riders) i usually only get about 50-60 miles in for the day , and thats starting early , i did not get there till 1pm and got 82 miles in by 8:30pm when i loaded up , i just ride more carefully alone since if something happened i would be S.O.L unless someone happened to ride by , all day i only saw 2 other riders up there , so it would suck if something did happen , but at least i can ride at whatever pace i want without having to wait a lot for some of the others to catch up

And the single track stuff like that is what i like to ride , especially with the rock gardens , those are always fun , i was kind of disappointed there were no tree's down like usual this time of year , i love log hopping , and the more challenging the trail the better (not crazy about heights and sheer drop offs , but love technical stuff) , and that kind of riding is typical here , in fact most of what i rode was pretty easy stuff in those video's compared to some trails around here
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho