Clutch and Brake Levers for Female Riders
  • PearlSword41

Clutch and Brake Levers for Female Riders

by PearlSword41 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:12 pm

All,
    I'm looking to replace the clutch and brake levers on my '09 250X. Does anyone have any recommendations as to better levers for female riders with smaller hands? Or just levers in general? I'm seeing a lot of expensive prices but very few reviews on what people thought of the performance (I would like to change out the stock levers for something a little nicer).
    -PS41
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: Clutch and Brake Levers for Female Riders

by Aussiecrf230 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 am

Hi PearlSword41,
    Welcome to the site.
    Good question.
    Is it the reach with the finger tips or how hard it is to pull in the levers?
    You can fidle with the cable adjustments on the clutch to improve reach and still disengage properly. People tend to go shorty levers on the clutch but I have seen some that are full length but step in to make the finger tip reach possible.

If you are trying to reduce how hard you will probaly have to change the perch as well for a better leverage ratio. That starts costing dollars but there are some nice ones around that fold if you have an off to prevent snapping the lever.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas