no more riidng for me
  • crf230frider

no more riidng for me

by crf230frider » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 pm

well me and my friend were out riding on some trails today anad got stopped by DEC. He took our information and said he might give us tickets he might not. Either way my folks are gonna be pissed so looks like my riding is done for a while. I thinkg that it shouldn't be a big deal but people were complaining about other dirtbikes and atvs through there and we were the unlucky ones
    07 crf230f--- sold

05 trx450r kickstart
    old guy

by old guy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:27 pm

I hate to hear tales like that.
    I had a chat with a local ranger Sunday and was informed that dirtbikes did more damage to the trails at our local riding area than UTV's, whatta tard. I was also informed that the forest service had temporarily closed one of the best trails until September when it can be permanently closed under the new laws.
    TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT
  • crf230frider

by crf230frider » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:58 pm

yeah thats another thing thats stupid in my mind, there are tons of trails up in that area that are designated horse trails, but most of the horse people just stay right on the main trails and they are the ones that complain. If you were to take a look at the horse trials you could see that the horse trails tear things up wayyy more than dirtbikes or atvs. at least we didn't get tickets so that was good but I still think that we should be allowed up there. We were just going out for an afternoon ride and then we went around the corner and there the DEC officer sat. I asked him if there was a way to get my bike registered and he said that technically there isn't a way to get it registered for trails in NYS so theres no point in trying, but I don't know the truth in that. I think thats a load of crap if I can't register the bike I just bought and that I can only ride it on my own land
    07 crf230f--- sold

05 trx450r kickstart
    old guy

by old guy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Yep sounds like more versions of whats happening down here.
    I live 20 minutes from Wolfpen Gap ATV Area,you can find it on the net, and I've watched over the past 5 years as they close more and more trails in the name of erosion and runoff, and had planned to close the trail system except for weekends and holidays effective this year until it stirred up all the businesses that profit from those trails. After making everybody mad they suddenly were granted a two year extension, now who has the authority to grant the National Forest Service a two year extension to not close trails, and if they exist why is the National Forest Service attempting to close trails if there are other powers governing the process?
    As I stated earlier, and I'm not trying to be a smartass, It's too much politics, the taxpayers of this country pay people to sit in an office and take away our privelages, whatta country we've become.
    Sorry for the rant.