Arizona - Gilbert Area
  • Medic203

Arizona - Gilbert Area

by Medic203 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Hey guys,

New to the board and am gaining a lot of info from everyone as I read through the posts.

I'm new to the CRF450r, but have several years experience on street bikes and ATV's of various types. Anyway, I'm looking for a somewhat flat area that I can take the 450 out to and get the first 4-5 hours on it. I live in the southeast Gilbert area, so was hoping for somewhere not too far away and not too technical just yet. If you guys have any suggestions, I'm pretty open.

Mike
    Mike
    Gilbert, AZ
    2012 CRF450R
    RLPII

by RLPII » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Not really sure what is out in the Gilbert (South-East) area, but the Wildcat/Pima Bartlett area is good and you can make it as easy or hard as you want it. Here is a link: http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_835d.htm

When I ride there, I always park at the Wildcat parking area and the link has a map to show you - it is a hike from Gilbert though... :) Hope this helps
    Bob
    ~The way I ride no need to worry about cholesterol~
    2005 CRF 450 X
  • Medic203

by Medic203 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply. This looks like the type of area I'm looking for. I'm definitely not opposed to taking the journey up there at all, but was hoping for something just a little closer for the first ride on the new bike...maybe something in Florence/Coolidge/San Tan?

How often do you ride out there?

Mike

RLPII wrote:Not really sure what is out in the Gilbert (South-East) area, but the Wildcat/Pima Bartlett area is good and you can make it as easy or hard as you want it. Here is a link: http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_835d.htm

When I ride there, I always park at the Wildcat parking area and the link has a map to show you - it is a hike from Gilbert though... :) Hope this helps
    Mike
    Gilbert, AZ
    2012 CRF450R
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi & welcome Mike.
    Nice bike by the way ! CRFs only is great site & Ken has it all together here. Super CRF site !

Bob gets to ride out there every time he does gets all his chores done and the boss to gives him a kitchen pass. Begging is usually involved ! :P :shock:

Great area at WC. Probably an 1 hr. drive for you though.
    You are more than welcome to join us.
    Nightstalker

by Nightstalker » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 pm

There's a lot of fun jeep roads between Florence and Superior. Montana Mountain, Coke Ovens, Box Canyon. Here's a link for more info on that area.

http://www.nsrides.com/states/region.ph ... egion=AZSE

If you're looking for sweet singletrack, you will need to go up to Wildcat which is excellent or make the trek to the Boulders OHV area at mile marker 11.5 west of the I-17 on Carefree Highway.

Another excellent area for singletrack is Sycamore. It's generally on the west side of Beeline highway north of Bush highway.
    2008 Honda CRF450X
    2004 KTM 950 Adventure
    Phoenix, AZ
    ----------------------------
    North American Ride Reports and GPS files
    http://www.nsrides.com
    RLPII

by RLPII » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:45 am

Back2-2 wrote:Hi & welcome Mike.
    Nice bike by the way ! CRFs only is great site & Ken has it all together here. Super CRF site !

Bob gets to ride out there every time he does gets all his chores done and the boss to gives him a kitchen pass. Begging is usually involved ! :P :shock:

Hey Mike,
    Back2-2 is right - but I do ride out there during the week, as long as my chores get done! I ride while HE is at work! :-P Might be venturing out there on Monday or Tuesday this week to take advantage of the weather if it rains on Sunday....... if you can ride during the week, while Neil is AT WORK, PM me and we can set it up!
    Good luck.........
    Bob
    2005 CRF 450 X
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 pm

RLPII wrote:

Hey Mike,
    Back2-2 is right - but I do ride out there during the week, as long as my chores get done! I ride while HE is at work! :-P Might be venturing out there on Monday or Tuesday this week to take advantage of the weather if it rains on Sunday....... if you can ride during the week, while Neil is AT WORK, PM me and we can set it up!
    Good luck.........

OH YEAH, Oh yeah, you just wait till that S.S. check don't show up - then lets see who wants me to get back to work ! :roll:
    RLPII

by RLPII » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Back2-2 wrote:
    RLPII wrote:

Hey Mike,
    Good luck.........

OH YEAH, Oh yeah, you just wait till that S.S. check don't show up - then lets see who wants me to get back to work ! :roll:

You want some cheese with that Whine? :-P
    Bob
    2005 CRF 450 X
  • Medic203

by Medic203 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:50 pm

You two are hilarious! Looking forward to future rides!
    Mike
    Gilbert, AZ
    2012 CRF450R
    RLPII

by RLPII » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Are you really a medic? Cuz the way Neil rides, it is just a matter of time until he needs a good one! :twisted:
    Bob
    2005 CRF 450 X