Projectd Bike Issue is here!
    crfsonly
    Owner

Projectd Bike Issue is here!

by crfsonly » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:39 pm

Word has it the project bike issue of Dirt Rider is out! I haven't seen it but my issue comes to the house and I haven't made it home yet.

Anyone seen it yet?

Ken
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:19 pm

didn't get the issue at home...but i'm telling you it's out there. if you are one of the lucky ones give us a reader's digest review.

ken
    BigOL3

by BigOL3 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Still no word?
    05 CRF450X
    Utah skidplate
    Unabiker red rad guards
    CRF's Only rear tugger
    CRF's Only FS
    JD jetting kit..170 main, red neddle, 4th pos
    Twin Air Power Flow kit w/Napalm mounting bolt
    Air box snorkle remvd... Exhaust baffle remvd
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:46 pm

i still have NOT received my copy in the mail. a supplier received their copy and he mentioned a few things from the article. any have their copy yet?
    nowazzu

by nowazzu » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:01 pm

I see the boys at TT have their asses chapped over Jimmy's sound comments....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=387279
    -nowazzu-
    05' CRF450X
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:29 pm

i still haven't seen this issue so i have no idea what it says about any of the bikes....just what a few have told me.

hopefully today we'll get our issue.

ken
  • Mr Smith

by Mr Smith » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:49 pm

nowazzu wrote:I see the boys at TT have their asses chapped over Jimmy's sound comments....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=387279

Thorinas on the slap down over there..I love it! Burned acts all high and mighty and states a tricked out motor doesnt like a potato in the pipe...No duh. :roll: Take your drag pig to the strip bozo....
    nowazzu

by nowazzu » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:56 pm

crfsonly wrote:i still haven't seen this issue so i have no idea what it says about any of the bikes....just what a few have told me.

hopefully today we'll get our issue.

ken

I sure hope the CRFSonly pipe was at/under 96 db. Otherwise, well, we know what Jimmy will say.
    -nowazzu-
    05' CRF450X
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:18 pm

well the pipe was a White Brothes E2 and I had the bike there with Tom Morgan and they were so confident it would be under 96db they felt like testing it would be a waste of time. i explained the now obvious that if it wasn't we'd all regret it. i even brought up the F rating of one of the pipes in a DR review because it was SLIGHTLY over the db limit and they knew the article and still didn't feel it was necessary to sound test it. so, we'll see.

ken
    Supergleep

by Supergleep » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:29 pm

I got the issue last Saturday. The CRF's Only bike fared very well, burned clutch drama and all. Overall, Chris Denison had nothing but praise for the bike. He talked about having reservations about the Rekluse at first, but said by the end of the test period he came to appreciate it.

The Thumpertalk bike got dissed pretty hard by Jimmy. He lit into TT for making a super-moto bike for a Dirt Rider review.

The rest of the bikes got pretty nice reviews as well. The KTMtalk bike review was I'm sure more reserved than all the KTMtalk guys wanted.

Overall, the article felt a little tamer than it could have, considering all the trash-talk that happened building up to it. Still, a good read, and very interesting after having seen it from both sides now. (The building, and then the reviewing)
    '05 250X
  • dnold

by dnold » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:06 pm

They seemed to really like the bike overall. They didn't really pick a winner just said that you couldn't go wrong with any of them.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:15 pm

we still have not seen this issue show up yet. we've looked for it all over socal as well. not sure why but it doesn't seem to exist here yet.

ken
  • weaponxlogan

by weaponxlogan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 pm

got my copy today
    2005 CRF250X
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:01 am

so we FINALLY received our issue today. uniped, a crf's only board member, was quoted in the article from a post he made here on crfsonly.com:

"we are not going to give DR a mean, nasty 500cc thumper that kicks like a jackass on steriods. we chose to give them a reliable trailbike, a people's bike that could be competitively raced and is reliable."

nice quote and shoutout uniped! i believe we accomplished this with this build.

if you haven't seen the article get out and get copy of it. it's a great read and has some great pictures of all the bikes...include your entry...the CRF450X.

my favorite quote about the bike came from Chris our primary test rider:

"Kudos to the entire CRFsOnly.com message board for building one of the best non-factory bikes that i have ridden."

i have to agree. it is a great bike and represents the types of modifications you make on your bikes...all implemented on one bike!

i am very pleased with the results of the bike and the article. i want to thank everyone that participated in helping spec this bike out. i believe this project bike and the article brings to each of you the credibility and recognition you deserve for your knowledge and expertise. we were honored to build it on your behalf.

so, what do we build for them next year?

ken
    CRF230RiPPER

by CRF230RiPPER » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:07 am

can someone tell me what issue this is in, I am interested in checking it out

thanks
    What Don't Kill Ya , Make ya More Strong! - Metallica