few Q's on training items and some of my opinions on others
  • J

few Q's on training items and some of my opinions on others

by J » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:03 pm

first off ill start with one i think is useful and has grown immemsely since the first time I saw them in Indy i gotta admit I am very cautious and thought it was a scam but i thought he =y i ll try,

the dynaflex ball - I tied it and I was racing full time then I was unsure f how well it would hold up I bought 3, 2 for me,1 to train with a backup b.c i didnt know when id find them again and one foe my friend/mechanic

I then saw the dynagrip about 1.5 years later inline with a horible motorcycle grip on so of course i opened it right up, both since i ordered a backup and put spider grips on both, thought it should feel realistic

now I want to address I mentioned I bought extras, i never had one braek, I just like having one where i would work out and the other I could take with me on the road and use on the road night before race or morning of stiff like that.

So now I got few I want to ask about and i ll tell you if i heard gid ir bad or not a str8 answer.

the dynamax core trainer here us a --
    DFX Dynamax Core Trainr $ 299.95
    http://www.dynaflexpro.com/store.php?crn=219

all their other products work and ie heard this give a good upper body workout, even heard SEAKS ere using them,, but its hear not know.
    It it was a lesser price I would have already bought one they are supposed to be excellent upper body workout.

I like it again its lightweight easy to move around, easy to use before race if you wanted, If I knew it worked I d order one now imagine hoe o would be beneficial to a bunch of dumb bells

ok on to the next item

TRX TRainer
    www.trxtraining.com

Im looking at the suspension kit its like $189,

they make a rip lit also i do not know the difference but i got so many recommendations from even pro racers who bought it because it worked and was not sponsor of theirs, anyways I can not find a bad review or a real in depth review,
    I have one coming as an X mas gift.

Next Item

last but not nearly least the transformx system.
    I first found it about 2 years ago when i started looking into way I could train that mimiced positions or situations on a quad during the race.
    http://www.manandmachine.com/
    http://www.tfxfitness.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

anyways i waited and they were on back order, yyou can now order a basic kit but you hve to buy your own handlebars to use, not an issue for me,
    with this you do pushups and pullups at the exact spot you hold handlebar b/c u are using one, and you can attach it to concept2 rower, james stewart use this systems and the list for concept 2 rower users of pro ATV an Motorcycle racers in the pro class or evem XC2, definitely the pros and anfter that the next pros, and alot of them went from XC2 to competitive XC1 pro in a year or two, I am not saying it was this or the rower but i think it definitely.
    www.concept2.com
    is the rowing website,
    I just urdered the handlebar system and joined a nearby club and if the rower is what it is built up to be I plan to buy one,

I was curious what you guys use and what systems u use and have they helped your training like
    marc spatarco - he trained bill ballance his is just out of my price range i believe
    MOTE-
    is another which some of yamahas pro level athelethes have used
    http://www.motoendurance.net/index.html

Another is Jason Raines who all could say he knows what he is talking about he does an school and nutrition and training all in one, i dont know if you have to do all 3 or if you could not do the school if he would do the rest
    googles him and you will see it,

Has anyone got any info on any of this or got something that seemend like a gimmick that worked or used someones training program for MX or XC and it worked
    austin szenina1

by austin szenina1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:03 am

how do you use the dynaflex ball? i was looking in to getting one but i have no clue how you use it.
    14 and riding hard!
  • J

by J » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:15 pm

the regular ball has a string u wind around the middle ,

u pull the string like ur pull starting an atc90,
    anyways you hold the ball in you hand and you roll it around almost figure 8,
    you can tell if you are doing it right b/c it gets faster and faster thats why some are 12k and some are 14k,
    anyways i recommend getting a base- it starts it for you- there are ways to tart without the string, a guy on you tube shows you how to use ur thumb but i never could get up to speed without the cord- i ruined 3 with the string coming off getting wound around the ball,
    the X grip works the same way except u are holding an mx grip and it simulates riding, i havent tried two at a time so id have a break in between,
    anyways, it pumps ur forearms they are great firearm building tools,

thats why i want to try the one for the full upper body
    austin szenina1

by austin szenina1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:26 pm

That's pretty cool. Thanks for the info!
    14 and riding hard!
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:21 pm

we actually offer a few wrist trainers and one is the Dynagrip Pro:

works well. we also have these:

more of a low-tech version. works though.

for cardio and leg strength/endurance training it's hard to beat interval and endurance cycling.

ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by austin szenina1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:37 pm

My bro has a thing that helps strengthen your wrist for when you play guitar, so I've been using that to help with the clutch lever, but that's about all it does is makes clutch control easier.
    14 and riding hard!
  • J

by J » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:09 pm

these things work, buy one im telling you ive broken it by accident which was totally my fault and am rebuying

if u get arm pump buy one, that simple, again i dont know if arm pump is as bad on a bike as a quad
    austin szenina1

by austin szenina1 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 am

When I'm racing or being competitivee on the trail, I get arm pump fast. Thanks man!
    14 and riding hard!