Reccomended knee braces....(just injured my knee)
  • wazdog

Reccomended knee braces....(just injured my knee)

by wazdog » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:09 am

People,

After getting back into it again and riding really well I had a stack on a transfer track on my way back for lunch, low speed, hit a hole and went over the bike getting my leg stuck. Resulted in a compound fracture in my knee joint, surgery with a plate and screws, possible further surgury after 12weeks. No riding for close to 12months!!!

I'm after some advise on knee braces, I'm hoping on getting insurance to cover the cost, in which case I will go custom braces. If I can't get cover what are some good off the shelf options in case custom is too pricey??

Cheers

Wazza
    riddler9

by riddler9 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Asterisk. With 1 rather bad knee and the other prone to hyper extension, they are worth there weight in gold. Not a single day of pain from riding, which at my age included a couple of what I am sure would have been knee surgery moments. So long as you wear the sleeves that they come with or long bicycle pants they wont chafe, although some wear them with nothing under.

I did not go through insurance when I bought mine, but did have my Dr. write a prescription so I could claim them under the cafeteria plan.
    Official Lurker