Hip Replacements??????????
    southcaliboy

Hip Replacements??????????

by southcaliboy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Hey guys,

Well Ill keep this short. I am 25 and I snapped the ball clean off of my left hip about 11 years ago in an old dirt riding injury.

I have dealt with it for 11 or so years with a lot of pain (arthritis type) and something that gets pinched quite often like a nerve. I am very athletic and in great shape so this is quite a inhibitor. It really affects my riding to a point because I can not take to much of a blow even to that left foot without having shooting pain in my upper pelvis, hip area.

When the first surgery was done they bolted the original ball back onto the femural bone and relocated it back into the socket.

I have lost a large range about 30% of motion in this leg and it is only getting worse in my 20's. I am a trooper and will ride it out, but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences like this which I am sure you have.

If so and you know any good docs or have any advice as far as surgery goes I would greatly appreciate it.

At this point I am SERIOUSLY considering and researching a replacement hip to gain a motion back and reduce this very intense pain.

Thanks CRFers.

Sincerely,
    T.W.
    Dont Let The Bastards Wear You Down

04 CRF 450R
    FMF Series 4
    Power Bomb Header
    Quickshot
    RaceTech
    ASV
    usmc88fan

by usmc88fan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:06 am

My dad had both replaced a year or so ago, and the best advice I had for him was this: During your recovery, get in the pool and swim. That way you have a total body workout that will be NON IMPACT!! It will also help you get rid of any excess weight you may gain while you are off your feet. Lucky for you, you only have one looking at a single replacement. He had both done, as did my aunt. She had both done at the same time, and he wished he had done that. One painful recovery instead of two. Talk to Dr. Mark on here, and he will be able to answer all kinds of questions for you as well. Good luck, and keep us all informed.
    We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
    kolt61

by kolt61 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:11 am

a friend of mine just had double hip repacement at the age of 38. after 12 year s of professional hockey. The surgery did not go good, however he was up and walking in just 2 days and back on the ice in 2 months ( not playing but coaching kids). his surgery was in Aug. and now he is playing recreational hockey and his hip plain that he delt with for years is gone. He is glad he had the surgery.
    05 450X - airbox cut top and sides,back fire screen removed,powerflow filter, 48 pilot 168 main, red needle 4th clip,55 Leak, ap- oring, smog block off, FMF slip on.
    southcaliboy

by southcaliboy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:07 pm

So why di you say that the surgery "did not go well"? If you dont mind me asking.

How do I contact Dr. Mark on here? Can anyone help me get in touch with him?

04 CRF 450R
    FMF Series 4
    Power Bomb Header
    Quickshot
    RaceTech
    ASV
    krisrtch

by krisrtch » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Send him a PM or check out his website
    Great doc! he fixed my collarbone right up.
    www.sandersclinic.net
    he is the only doc that i know of that will give you his cell # and will answer it any time of day
    southcaliboy

by southcaliboy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:17 pm

I appreciate that pal, ill check it out right now.

04 CRF 450R
    FMF Series 4
    Power Bomb Header
    Quickshot
    RaceTech
    ASV
    kolt61

by kolt61 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:48 pm

well i say did not go well because it took about 3 hours longer than it should have and he lost alot of blood and had to have a transfusion, and they did not use his blood which he put in a blood bank before the surgery. the first week of recovery he said was hell. alot of pain and swelling. like i said before he is glad he did it.
    05 450X - airbox cut top and sides,back fire screen removed,powerflow filter, 48 pilot 168 main, red needle 4th clip,55 Leak, ap- oring, smog block off, FMF slip on.
    southcaliboy

by southcaliboy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Oh I hear ya.

Yeah, it wont be fun. I need to talk more with a doctor and find out if it is completely necessary at this point.

I sure would like to have it fixed, and am willing to go through the hard time to get into the good.

Thanks again pal, and I ll keep you updated on the situation. As of now I will grin and bear it.

GORMAN TOMORROW! No pain, no gain LOL

04 CRF 450R
    FMF Series 4
    Power Bomb Header
    Quickshot
    RaceTech
    ASV