2004 crf250x on the street
  • Jeepdriving

2004 crf250x on the street

by Jeepdriving » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:51 pm

I am planning on making my 2004 crf250x street legal, I'd be driving a lot on the road , will this bike be suitable for it ? I just bought it its been rebuilt and sounds strong. So am I just wasting money?
    JimDirt

Re: 2004 crf250x on the street

by JimDirt » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

I guess it depends on what specific uses you will want for the bike , if its mainly on the road and little if any off road , then I would suggest a 250L rather than a X , as it is specifically built for the street and light off roading/fire roads , if you were 70% off road and some street , then the X would be fine and a better choice for that purpose , The X you would basically want (if you did any serious off roading) 2 sets of tires , 1 for dirt and 1 set for street , or at least DOT approved knobbies/trials tires , with the L , you have street legal tires you could also use off road though not as diligently as off road specific tires , ...... basically , the X is a off road bike you "can" adapt for street use , the L is a street specific bike that you can take off road , though not to the extent of the X without damaging some of the components , like turn signals , tank , muffler , etc.

Hope that answered your question ;)
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho