CRF250L or CRF250M
  • DecadentHam

CRF250L or CRF250M

by DecadentHam » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Hey all, new to these forums and just wanted to say a quick hello from Thailand.

I'm relatively new to the motorbike scene but I have fallen head over heels in love with the CRF250.

I'm looking at buying a second hand one here in Chiang Mai but I'm struggling to decide between the L or M model. It will be my daily commute and weekend warrior.

I'm looking at the L because I would like to have the option to do some off-roading however the tyres worry me especially with the rain that comes and goes so quickly here. I'm not too familiar with motorbikes but I know with my 4WD I have to be careful riding in the wet with mud tyres due to the lack of grip.

So there's the M option but it lacks me the option to go off-road and from what I understand the suspension is a bit different?

If I go the L route, I was thinking of getting a second set of tyres and rims for tarmac and swapping them over for the weekends. If anyone has any experience with this, how difficult is it and is it worth doing? Can I use the two difference sized tyres without any problems or are there extra modifications that need to be done?

Or I can go the M route and do the same as the above but with some all-terrain tyres.

I've confused the hell out of myself!