2013 Crf 250r popping
  • Smunro64

2013 Crf 250r popping

by Smunro64 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:17 am

Hi guys new to this, I’ve got myself a 2013 crf 250r, the problem am having with it is that after about 10 - 15 mins use the bike start popping and banging and offering to cut out, I’ve search the forum and a lot of people are saying this is what happens when the fuel pump is bad.
    The bikes just had a full rebuild from Tom adamson (local dealer) near me.
    I have also tried changing to fuel filter, new coil and ht lead, I’ve been through all the electrics, disconnected them giving them a blow out and plugged back.
    I’ve drained the tank and put in fresh fuel. Had the injector out and tried to clean it as best as I could but always ended with the same result.
    Any ideas would be great as am litterally pulling my hair out over this.
    crfsonly
    Owner

Re: 2013 Crf 250r popping

by crfsonly » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 pm

If you have not had your ECM remapped this would be a benefit even if it is not causing the issue you are having. It's hard to diagnose these from the internet, but excessive popping (as in decel popping)is generally a result of a lean condition. This can be cause but the intake side (map, injector, fuel pump, air boot leak, TPS issue or some other throttle body issue). It can also be caused by a leak at the header to head junction, the mid-pipe junction or a hole in the header. You really can't clean an injector without the proper tools. A clean injector doesn't mean there's not a problem with the injector either. So, it could still be the injector. One of the things everyone with an EFI should use is a pre-filter when adding fuel to the tank. We use and offer the Twin Air version. Then change your fuel filter as needed. The Honda Service Manual will walk you through troubleshooting the EFI systsem. It's too complex to go through here.

Ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com