Ohlins TTX Fork inserts
  • Andi Licious

Ohlins TTX Fork inserts

by Andi Licious » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi All,

Just put these in my 2013 CRF250R.

Can anyone recommend oil volume and clicker settings for these for enduro riding.

I have the correct spring rates in them I just need a rough idea of where to start!

Cheers

Andy
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:35 am

Have you contacted Ohlins directly ?? , they should be able to recommend what to run , as i also believe Ohlins uses a specific oil and weight that differs from what we use in our CRF's , i have a friend that has Ohlins inserts on his KTM and he sends them to a Ohlins service center to have the oil done , and they go thru them completely to make sure everything is set and working properly , so that would be your best bet is to contact them , and get a setup recommendation directly from them

At the bottom is their phone number

http://www.ohlinsusa.com/ohlins-usa-service

This will direct you to a local service/dealer to find one close to you just type in your address/zip

http://www.ohlinsusa.com/ohlins-dealers
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Andi Licious

by Andi Licious » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:05 am

Hi Jim

I am in the UK.

There is an Ohlins service centre not 10 miles from me but I have seen some of their previous work and I will never take my business there.

I am trying to find my own way with these forks so that I don't mind working on them as well when it comes to maintenance time.

Cheers

Andy
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:23 am

My bad , i had forgot where your located :oops:

Well you could still call them and get the oil levels and oil type (or call any UK Ohlins dealer for that matter) , without having them do the actual work , the service work for you wont be much different from the CRF forks , so you should not have any issue with that , its just using the correct oil and amount that you need for them , as i believe they are critical to how they function , from what i understand , the use of other oils does not allow them to function well , as the valving is setup to work with the oil they use only , and from what i have heard , it does make a significant difference
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho