75%
    Shock
    25%

Total votes: 4
  • Davecrf

Re-valving do forks or shock first

by Davecrf » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:51 am

Hi

I've got to the point where I want to start re-valving my 2004 CRF250x.
    Both springs have been changed to suit my weight and I was very pleased with the results.
    So which should I do first as I can't do both as the budget is tight (Dame you Christmas :x )
    The Forks or the Shock?

Thanks Dave
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Forks , the shock can be lived with for a bit , but the forks need some work to not beat you to death , if your going to pay someone to do it , i would suggest being honest about your needs and skill level , this is crucial for the bike to be set up for you and for you to actually enjoy it

If your doing it yourself , you can experiment with the stacks till you get what you want , i can help you thru stuff if needed , its pretty simple once you do it a few times
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
    riddler9

by riddler9 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 am

I would play with the oil level in the forks and see if you can improve the action before paying for a revalve.
    Official Lurker

• Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 pm

Since it is a 2004 model I would have to ask if the forks have ever been serviced - bushes seals, oil etc. You have to have the basics right before you fine tune your valving. Besides it is surprising how just replacing the oil and getting back to standard oil height and reset clickers makes the fork work properly again. Shim stacks do wear and getting them right for you works wonders but make sure the rest is up to scratch. At least you did the springs first which is always rewarding as you probably have noticed.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas