suspension for my crf250r
    cougar2010

suspension for my crf250r

by cougar2010 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:23 am

Ok here goes my first post ever ha. I just got done tearing my 06 crf250r down and looking to do some suspension work. The bike is bone stock now and I ride middle c class MX only. I like pushing myself to new levels and trying new things so I firmly believe that a really good suspension is going to help me. I plan on getting both my forks and shock rebuilt resprung and revalved. Don't really want/need to get any crazy coatings done. So my question is who shouldni take them to fcr, race tech, factory connection, rg3, ect. I've called many companys and they all seem to be about the same price so far and factory connection seems to have the best customer service so far they've answered all my questions and they send me a box to ship everything in which makes it even easier. Any help/input would be great thanks!
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:52 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

As far as who to take it to , its all up to your budget and what your looking for , the biggest factor is for a company , whomever it is , to actually listen to your needs , like and dislikes about what your bike is currently doing , and a must is that YOU be COMPLETELY honest with them about what your skill level is , your weight and your expectations of a finished product , and if they can accommodate your needs and expectations

All the companies you listed do good work , so what i would ask them before making any decision is what can i expect if i am not happy with what you did ?? , and see what they are willing to do to remedy a situation should it occur and make it right

I personally re-valve my own bikes , so i don't have first hand experience with any of those companies with the exception of Race Tech and Factory Connection , since they are where i get my suspension parts for my bikes

I find BOTH of them have Excellent customer service , at least that has been my experience with mainly Race Tech , since i call them all the time when i am stuck with something i can't figure out , or if i need parts , i use Race Tech , Factory Connection and Ebach springs

I have a friend that did have bad experiences with RG3 , as far as doing the job correct and remedying a bad situation where my friends shock literately came apart when landing on a jump and put him in the hospital , it was clear the shock was assembled wrong , but they would not stand behind any of their work and would not replace anything damaged in the wreck , including the shock , and would not give any kind of refund , let alone apologize for the bad work that caused the shock to fail the first time out and caused him to wreck in the first place , i will note it was on a KTM , not a Honda
    Hope that helps some..... ;)
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
    cougar2010

by cougar2010 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Thanks for the help I plan on sending everything to factory connection either this week or the next and I will be recording everything so I can give feed back later on.