some help with tricks
  • keifer

some help with tricks

by keifer » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:15 pm

i feel i have perfected my jumping skills and am wanting to get in to some small tricks was wondering in anyone had some input thanks
    honda 4 life
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:04 pm

so, here's a twist i hadn't anticipated in the 'tips and tricks' area. keifer...welcome to the group. you'll likely not find a bunch of FX guys here. i actually attempted a nac nac and it was my first and last FX trick in a very short lived career. so, my advice would be learn the bubba scrub that will make you faster and will keep you lower to terra ferma (read: safer).

my son however would tell you to 'just bust it'. he does a pretty good nac nac and can can. claims those are pretty "easy". well, i'm more about trying to stay attached to my bike than finding ways to detatch me from my bike.

good luck...ken
  • JTred

by JTred » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:05 pm

I've never had enough airtime to try this but from what I hear a no footer is easy. You start by doing just one foot, then once you get comfortable you start using just the other foot, then put it together.
    Stock CRF 230F
  • ev

by ev » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:59 pm

JTred wrote: from what I hear a no footer is easy.

from what I have experienced a no brainer is even easier
  • ev

by ev » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:00 pm

sorry Ken, yes I promised to behave
    but
    if they give it to you on a silver platter
    could YOU resist?
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:32 pm

i won't share my fmx attempts....the worst was my nac nac. boot got caught on the rear fender on the way back over the bike...not what you want to have happen over a 70+ footer. i did get it over but not soon enough to find the peg...to this day my son can't resist telling everyone about the time is dad busted out a nac nac to a nad crusher! i just laugh with them and tell them hey, that was a no brainer man!

ken
  • TrustNoBody

I do FMX

by TrustNoBody » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:45 am

ok well thats all i do is FMX, one of the only guys on a thumper. hah. anyways, nac nac is not the easyest cause it can send your bike sidways... i say the can can or heel clicker... with a heel clicker start by stretchin.. then while your bike is on its stand practice bringing your legs around the bars.. do a heel clicker.. once you get that just ride around and do the heel clicker sitting down so you get use to it.. if you can do it sitting down and fast.. you can do it in the air. trust me its ezer in the air.. once you got this then you need to pic a jump you have enough air time. i used sand jump pits so if i screw up it dosnt hurt. its eaiser if you have a biger jump with alot of air time so your not tryin to rush it. just practice to keep your bike streight so your rear end dosnt drop out when your in the middle of your click. thats all the info i can give you on a heel clicker.. rmember go big.. looks good if you get your self above the handle bars.

CanCan, again practice on the ground.. lift your leg up. the last thing you want is to do a one footed can can or both feet and cant get your damn foot back over the seat.. so stretch, get it where you can do it with out touchin your seat.. for me a tdouble footed can can or catwalk is easier but if your new then just a reg can can will do.. again i cant stress enough. start on the ground and STRETCH. well i hope this helps you out. if you have any other questions about it or want some pics on it then pm me.. have fun and go big...
    Trust NoBody
  • TrustNoBody

by TrustNoBody » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:49 am

well i dont know how to post a pic on this so yea.. i would if i could.. sorry
    Trust NoBody
    dlpmx

by dlpmx » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:45 pm

all you have to do is follow me for a day. I do all those tricks sooner or later.....just not on purpose.

Dale
    All mods listed in the Garage
    <-----
  • redrider911

by redrider911 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:59 am

I can't even do a lazy boy while sitting in a lazy boy!
  • EWP Zoul

by EWP Zoul » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:48 pm

i always liked the look back....easy to do and psychs out the guy behind you
    EWP Zoul
    2004 CRF 450R #19
    Works skid plate
    1990 YZ250

If it ain't broke.....
    You are not riding it hard enough!!
    Jethro

by Jethro » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:32 am

TrustNoBody is right. STRETCH and learn on a stand and then riding around on the ground. when you get to your grab tricks practice your hands alot first, once you get farmilar with your hand placement start jumping and just placing your hands. if there is one thing that sucks about a grab trick it is not being able to get back on or missing your grab completely. belly flops are pretty gnarly to watch but suck to pull. my first trick was no hander then no footer. get comfortable with letting go slightly then more and more so you dont freak in the air.
    "Running is not a plan, Running is what you do when the plan fails"