Earth Wire
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: Earth Wire

by Aussiecrf230 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 am

Damm now I am going to have to see how the 230 is wired as
    I run twin halogens. Normal bulb wouldn't know if it was AC or DC!
    You would need about 18v ac to get regulated 12v dc . What voltage does bike have at revs?
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
    JimDirt

Re: Earth Wire

by JimDirt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Definitely ac at the headlight between 10 and 11v at idle. Anyone know if my original idea will work?

In doing more research i have found you are correct , the headlight output FROM the stator is in fact AC , according to what i am understanding , the voltage comes out of the Stator AC and goes to the Regulator/Rectifier and directly to the headlight bulb

So the way i see it , is , you can either go direct from the battery to the LED light *thru a switch obviously so the light can be controlled off/on* (as long as the Amps and Watts are within the output of the stator capacity so it does not constantly run the battery down or overload the stator) , or you would need to get a "aftermarket" Stator/Regulator/Lighting" setup that would suit your needs , as the battery and stator are going to limit the output you can add , so without modification your either going to overload the stator and/or battery and have issues , or its just not going to function properly due to low output

You might want to contact Trail Tech , and see if they have a direct product solution that specifically meets your needs , they may already have something set up for what your wanting and get you on your way with what you want to do without going thru all this hassle of trying to "make" something work that was not designed to work on this bike or with the lighting your choosing

I am not saying what you want to try with the Pit Bike setup won't work , what i am saying is its not a matched setup with the Stator output and components you have on the X , and it may cause other issues down the road or right away , or it might work fine , but if it does not , its going to be a expensive replacement process to replace what gets damaged , so it might be more cost effective to purchase the correct components the first time , instead of after a major failure ....follow ??

You might want to look into this , its what you want and ready to go , its a LED light that runs on AC
    https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Sq ... -X-Kit.asp
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho