Lexx exhaust loose fit 2015 CRF250X
  • CalebBX

Lexx exhaust loose fit 2015 CRF250X

by CalebBX » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:56 pm

So I just did the airbox mod, rejetted and installed a Lexx mxe exhaust on my 2015 crf250x.

I am a little worried about the exhaust though. The packaging says its for a 04-09 250x. I checked in those ranges and it looks like the header is the same part number for the 2015.

However where the lexx mid-pipe attaches to the header it is very loose. To line up with the mid-pipe screw hole the pipe also has to sit about 1/4 inch off the end of the header. Don't know if that's a big deal or not. I am worried about exhaust leaks. I siliconed the crap out of the end of the header I am waiting for it to cure so we'll see tommorow if we have any leaks. Still this doesn't quite sit right with me. I see a lot of folks on the forums rocking lexx pipes so I'm wondering if Its the same for you guys, or if I should be worried about it?
  • Back2-2

Re: Lexx exhaust loose fit 2015 CRF250X

by Back2-2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:39 am

I cannot tell you experience on the 250X but I have a LEXX on my 450X and it is one of the highest quality muffler I have ever purchased. The fit and finish was exceptional. The way you describe yours definitely sounds like it is not the correct muffler for your 2014 model. I would contact LEXX or whom ever you bought it through.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200