jumping along with some one?
  • crf_rider.com

jumping along with some one?

by crf_rider.com » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:09 am

what is the best way to jump with some one right beside you.
    Crf250R
    run um hard run um stock
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:45 am

the best way? make sure both of you hold your lines off the jump and in the air. in fact, i just don't do it unless i actually know the person and their riding capability AND mentality. otherwise if the jump is wide i'll take a line that is almost impossible for him to make contact with me even if he doesn't hold his line in the air. otherwise i'll go off the jump with me in front or behind but not next to him. it's just not worth putting your life or your ability to walk in someone else inability to hold their line through the entire jump.

ken
  • crf_rider.com

by crf_rider.com » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:24 pm

so hold your line and then keep it through. what about in a corner?
    Crf250R
    run um hard run um stock
    uniped

by uniped » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:39 pm

Any time your are riding beside someone the best thing to do is hold your line. As Ken stated its not a good idea if you do not have a lot of experiance riding with the individual or to be honest if you have to ask. I am not trying to degrade you or your ability. Keep in mind the guys who get paid to ride are very skilled. the top riders have riden along side each other a time or two and they are getting paid. Injuries through competition on a professional level are to be expected. Injuries that occur when riding for your own personal enjoyment are to be avoided at all cost. Who ever you may be riding with should give you enough room to allow for mistakes yours and theirs. Over time you can become comfortable with a buddie and know what their abilities are at that point you must be capable of knowing where you are, what obsticles you are approaching what you are going to do to make it through those obsticles without putting them or yourself at risk of injury, as well as what that rider is most likely to do and where he plans on being through the same realestate your are dealing with. In many conditions there may be one line that is the safest and fastest through a stuation you don't want to put a buddie on the groud as much as you don't want to be put down. Ride hard when you can push yourself within your limits of fear and skill and ride safe when close to others.

Scott
    ________
    Avancier
    Last edited by uniped on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:26 pm

racing is somewhat about "risk management" in other words how much risk are you willing to accept? one of the things that makes amateur racing dangerous is actual skill level versus perception of skill level and the imposed imbalance of this has on risk management. an example is in order. there's a jump out of a tight turn without much of a run up to it...you've been trying to pass a rider and finally have a chance as you approach this turn as he goes wide and leaves the inside open to you. you can easily get underneath him in this corner but it means you'll have to be hold your line as you work to get the speed to clear the jump...remember you've just shortened an already short run up. with the right skill this can easily be done...however with less than the right skills this has the making for crossing over into the line of the rider you just passed and likely in the air.

the problem is this happens all the time because some have a higher opinion of their skills than reality would warrant and for some every pass is like passing RC for the championship on the last lap of the last race of the season.

i'd say if you're interested in racing...just ride your own race and hold your lines...look for safe places to pass and don't take risks that involved other riders...there's enough risks that the track itself will provide.

ken
  • crf_rider.com

by crf_rider.com » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:36 pm

i started racing this year and went from 85 to 125, i outgrew my 85 so my dad threw me on the 250r and said don't fall off so you don't have to pick up. i raced 85s and then when i moved to 125 it was a big difference in skill level. so thanks for the help
    Crf250R
    run um hard run um stock
    braap207

by braap207 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:23 am

8) You guys sounds like some tree hugging hippies :!: :x The first thing that comes to my mind when I'm next to someone is where can I cutt them off ;) Corners are of course the best :D If you get it in your head that you are going to be leading out of the next corner its pretty simple, I have been cutt of by some canadians and ate some packed dirt. After that my aggressiveness has grown in leaps and bounds. :oops: :twisted: :twisted:
    I don't ride dirty I ride canadian...
    05/06 NDMA MX Am State Champ

Your Mom goes to college is currently serving in Iraq
    uniped

by uniped » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:43 am

Braap consider there is a kid out there who doesnt have any where near the experiance as you and has not reach the pinnacle of expertise as you, then consider he is asking about a technique that is not necessarily difficult but can put him in a bad postition or even get him injured. Think that you might be telling some one "jump past them and cut em off before they do it to you. I think this should be taught hands on and not by some one over the internet. Who doesn't care if the kid gets hurt as long as he can assure you of his skills while attempting to ridicule others. For no reason I can figure unless he is actually recruiting students for his race school. was wondering have you ever been cut off by Americans come on out to Cali we can show you hows us tree huggin hippies cut each other off.

Scott
    ________
    HALFBAKED
    Last edited by uniped on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    braap207

by braap207 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:56 am

Uniped,
    Maybe you are right and maybe your not. Maybe I was a little to harsh just putting my thoughts out there. Having this site should allow for riders/racers to vioce different opinions about there "Technique" and see what glove fits there hand. I'm happy to say I've raced with some Nor-Cal boys and they are pretty dang respectful riders. I've also ridden with riders and racers from a dozen other states. I don't live in Canada just close enough to race with them from time to time. If someone is asking a :?: about racing then I'd rather hear someone give the truth or opinion than BS them. It's all good though, Racing is something I enjoy and if it means letting some Nor-cal guy try to take me out in a corner, so be it. If it don't come to that, even better, tire marks on my plastic just make for another memory :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

uniped

by uniped » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:43 am

Hey braap was just rough'n ya up a little no hard feelins. Speaking of tire tracks Back as a kid in my moto x days I fell over in a berm the guy right behind me rode right accross my back. I had that super cool JT chest protector with no back protection, had a perfect knobbie tread accross by back for a couple weeks. Definately one the variety of opinions also, keeps new ideas coming gotto have an open mind. Sometimes hard the older I get the more I have to be conceous of allowing others to have there own way of doing the right thing.

Scott
    ________
    Alcohol Rehab Dicussion
    Last edited by uniped on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    braap207

by braap207 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:57 am

:( yes that must suck, thats one of my worst fears, being stuck under my or someone elses thumper and getting torched by the pipe. I was watching a Canadian Pro race and watched a kid get his jersey turned into soup on his back :!: ;)

• crf_rider.com

by crf_rider.com » Tue May 16, 2006 6:07 pm

i am an ameatur rider. i can probably beat half you guys through some of the trials without a problem and in hawaii that is saying a lot with how hard it is to ride in the valleys
    Crf250R
    run um hard run um stock
    Aspired

by Aspired » Tue May 30, 2006 8:01 pm

crfsonly wrote: it's just not worth putting your life or your ability to walk in someone else inability to hold their line through the entire jump.

ken

True that Ken, I got put out almost an entire season because of a mid air triple jump collision wich resulted in a broken femur for me. It was actually my best friend and I that crashed. Neither of us could rightfully back off and from the looks of the video his dad was taking both came in at poor angles. I have to find where I put my copy???? This was way back in my C class riding days.

We each know how each other rides so it is very important to be watchful of people you "don't know". But stay aggressive and don't let it slow you down. "Fear is the mind killer" (Dune)

Many C and a few B riders ride way beyond there ability to control there machines and while most racer are respectful I find more and more with the popularity of the sport not caring about others.

Just my input - take it as you will
    IKE607

JUMPING NEXT TO SOMEONE

by IKE607 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:03 pm

KEN'S WORDS OF WISDOM ARE THE LAW!!!!! HOLD YOUR LINE!!!!! THAT IS THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM WITH C AND EVEN SOME B RIDERS THAT I SEE. PEOPLE LIKE TO WEAVE AROUND AND LOOK BACK AT YOU AS YOU ARE TRYING TO PASS THEM. HAVEN'T THEY EVER HEARD YOUR BODY FOLLOWS YOUR HEAD??? IF YOU LOOK AT ME YOU ARE PROBABLY GOING TO STEER TOWARDS ME.... JUST LOOK FORWARD AND IF I AM FASTER I WILL PASS YOU ANYWAY!!! SORRY I HAD TO RANT THERE. BUT SERIOUSLY, HOLD YOUR LINE!!!
  • CJCRF

by CJCRF » Tue May 19, 2009 7:13 pm

flip em off in the air
    2005 CRF 250R: Boyesen Quickshot accelerator pump cover