Our Trip To Ouray 2007 With Pictures
  • chadman

Our Trip To Ouray 2007 With Pictures

by chadman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Ok it has been a long time since I have posted here! I just posted this on the KTM web page and since my wife has a Honda I better give you guys a heads up so you do not miss this great place to ride! I just cut/pasted my post from ktmtalk below.

Ok, I am just getting around to posting our trip report! Back in August we had a group of 7 take a trip to Ouray Colorado. My wife and I took a trip back in 2005 and loved it so much we made the trip again with some friends. All of the trails we rode were for jeeps, but are great for dirt bikes. The scenery has to be some of the best in the United States. In 2006 we rode in Crested Butte and it had a bunch of single track, but I like the scenery better in Ouray.

I posted some of the pictures below. If you are really bored or want to check out the video we made, check out my web page at Chad and Colleen's Pictures. Look at Vacations and checkout Ouray 2007 or check out some of the other trips. Check out the video in the video folder and pick the resolution that plays best with your internet connection. The video turned out great, but wish it showed some of the harder trails. The only time we seemed to stop to take pictures was at the easy stuff.

You might also like to check out the Goldwing videos. I took these back in 2005 coming down Engineer Pass with Dewey (One of the KTMTalk members my wife I met in 2005 while riding in Ouray). I have no idea what these guys were thinking, but I can not believe they took their Goldwings down this pass.

How we got there!

The Motley Crew

Me crossing a creek

My friend Jeff wishing he was on a KTM

Me riding up a hill

3 friends coming down Poughkeepsie Gulch

Group photo

My wife coming down Engineer Pass

Cool lake picture

Me with the Red Mountains behind me

Steve next to the cliff

Travel at your own risk!

Jim and Bill at over 12,000 feet!

4 of us at 13,100+ feet! It is really hard to imagine how high some of the passes go

Colleen (wife) happy that she was able to ride the Poughkeepsie pass without help. 2 years ago I had to ride her bike up 2 sections of the pass.

Colleen climbing a rocky hill going up Poughkeepsie

Colleen by the Red Mountains

I forgot to mention all of the old mines you pass. These things are everywhere and cool to explore! Just don't fall into the mine shafts!
    Chad and Colleen
  • CRF916

by CRF916 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:13 pm

Those are great pictures! :)
    0'6 CRF450XXX

usmc88fan

by usmc88fan » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:13 pm

Great pics! Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you all had a good, SAFE ride!
    We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
  • Rhoghead

by Rhoghead » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:51 pm

Outstanding pics & ride!!........... =D>

WEN N DOUBT, GAS IT.....
    JAWS

by JAWS » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:21 pm

I was there years ago, but we took a jeep and went up to Yankee Boy Basin. Loved the area. Thanks for the pics.
    Joe
    '05 CRF450X,McClain suspension, Cycra Probends, Pastrana FMX Pro Tapers,BRP Sub mount & Scotts stabilizer.See carb sticky for more