Chatsworth NJ?
    Monkeywrench

Chatsworth NJ?

by Monkeywrench » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:00 pm

Anyone living in the Southern NJ or tri-state area ever heard of this place? I'm about an hour's drive from it, and was considering a membership to here.

Was curious if anyone in the forums has ridden here... it looks interesting. Here's the link:

http://www.njorvp.org/
    2006 450R
  • Armpump

by Armpump » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:31 pm

Monkeywrench,
    I also reside in South Jersey (approx. 45 minutes) from NJORVP (chatsworth). I've been a member for 4 years now. Great place to ride legally. They offer an atv, beginner mx, intermediate mx, and advanced mx track. Let me know what you are looking for and I can fill you in more.
    KevinM

by KevinM » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:03 am

I know this is an old post, but I just joined NJORVP this year (2006). Signed up my son too. Only rode there once this year but planning to go a lot more when it warms up a bit.

It's a good place to ride legally. Three MX tracks. Of that the intermediate is also ATV. Plus one dedicated ATV track. Three long trails though one is closed at the moment.

I've found the trails rough to ride as their seriously gouged by ATVs. At least the trail I've been on. Will have to check out the others.

From what I hear, Chatsworth is slated to shut down in 2008. Environmental groups seem to have more clout with the NJ DEP than MX and ATV riders. They claim the vehicles destroy the environment. What they (the enviro-groups) seem to forget is that without managed, legal riding sites, a lot of people will just ride illegally. So I'm not sure what they've accomplished by this action against MX and ATVs.

Supposedly, the NJ Dept of Envir Protection is supposed to arrange for 2 or 3 tracka nd trail facilities in this state. So far, #1 up north was cancelled due to... environmental concerns.

There is word of another in the work somewhere east of Camden though I'm not certain of exactly where. Too far south for me.

I also ride at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. Just MX... no trails.

So I'm either going to open my own MX Park or move to a less restrictive place than NJ.. Cuba perhaps.

Seriously though, we bough an RV and a dual mx bike carrier (versa-haul) so we're planning road trips due to lack of legal ride sites here. First trip to Durham Plantation in Union Point, GA weekend of April 7th. Will start a thread on that.
    09 CRF 450R
    07 CRF 250R
    45 plt /175 main /JD Red-5th pos
    FS 2 trns
    05 CRF 250X
    42 Plt /162 Main /JD Red Needle- 5th pos
    CRFsOnly Fuel Screw 1-7/8 trns out (2 turns winter)
    TwinAir PowerFlo Kit /Opened Airbox /White Bros E2
  • hondariderfolife

by hondariderfolife » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:50 pm

if you want to hit up the sickest trails ever? check out tower city in pa.