two strokes
  • BajaBoundMoto
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:28 pm

    by BajaBoundMoto » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 am

    124 wrote:I am now dumber having read this..
    You and me both.
    And damn, I have a headache....

    Young GrassHopper (that means you Hondapunk53), please listen to your elders, they know of what they speak.
    .
  • hondapunk53
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

    by hondapunk53 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:34 am

    at least the ansering the questions i had a guy try to tell me that the crf250x is a full blown mx bike :lol:
  • dobent4@yahoo.com
    Posts: 5039
    Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:21 pm

    by dobent4@yahoo.com » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:47 pm

    It's A D H D.
    Oh, the 250X. It's not a full blown motocross bike, but then again, you're not a full-blown motocross racer.
    In fall 06 Kendall Norman WON a District 37 Hare and Hound on one. WON.
    If that's not impressive then we really can't help you.
    While there's nothing wrong with being stubborn, idiocy is arguing things like the sky is orange, very similar to argung that a 250 two stroke is the equal in any measureable demonstration of acceleration,width of powerband, top end, bottom end or mid-range to a 450 motocross bike.
    Remember, I love two strokes, they can do some things that the 450's just don't do as well but those are things that aren't race winner differences in motocross though they may be in woods racing.
    You are talking about motocross though and you are completely wrong. You have no data, no personal observation, no anything. If you claim personal observation you'll lose all credibility because you're not talking to a bunch of mini-bike racers here. We know better.
    Does it not make anything clear to you that MXA had the 08 YZ250 two stroke and YZF250 four stroke turning identical lap times....and you're talking 450 thumpers being bested ? Wouldn't that qualify for a Duh ?
    Give it up. Doug
  • hondapunk53
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

    by hondapunk53 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:44 pm

    wow lay off i am not calling you an idiot for thinking that a 450 is faster than a 250 smoker and i am not thinking it.... and sorry about the ADHD typo some times i i am thinking about what i say and not what i am typing so i type somthing completely diffrent.... there is absoluty no reason to get huffy and puffy over a message board half of this is opinion i think that if some one knows how to use he powerband to thier advantage on a two-stroke it is just as fast if not faster than a thumper this is my opinion from what i can tell if some one dosnt agree with you they are an idiot in your mind... now i am only 13 and i know i dont know half of anything and you are probly smarter than me but its MY opinion and it dosnt have to be fact its just what i think. :|
  • User avatar
    AgentSmith
    Posts: 14381
    Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:52 am

    Re: two strokes

    by AgentSmith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:53 pm

    hondapunk53 wrote:well the fact is that 250 smokers are faster that 450


    hondapunk53 wrote:but its MY opinion and it dosnt have to be fact its just what i think. :|


    I think the problem might be in the phrasing of your original post.

    When you throw out something as fact, it should be fact.

    When it's your opinion, say it's your opinion.

    The heat may not be any less, but at least you can say "well that's my opinion".
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    Image
  • hondapunk53
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

    Re: two strokes

    by hondapunk53 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:09 pm

    very true like i said some time i say something with out thinking
  • User avatar
    AgentSmith
    Posts: 14381
    Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:52 am

    Re: two strokes

    by AgentSmith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:14 pm

    hondapunk53 wrote:very true like i said some time i say something with out thinking


    It happens to me all the time...just ask my wife!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    Image
  • hondapunk53
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

    Re: two strokes

    by hondapunk53 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:17 pm

    hahahaha ya so do i have to be there sunday to be a part of riding or can i just stay there like two days(crfsonly adventure week
  • User avatar
    AgentSmith
    Posts: 14381
    Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:52 am

    Re: two strokes

    by AgentSmith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:47 pm

    hondapunk53 wrote:hahahaha ya so do i have to be there sunday to be a part of riding or can i just stay there like two days(crfsonly adventure week


    It's totally up to you what you want to do. No rules.

    You might want to let HkePuk know what your plan is so he can make sure there's room for you guys.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    Image
  • hondapunk53
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

    Re: two strokes

    by hondapunk53 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:53 pm

    k so do we have to send money in?
  • User avatar
    AgentSmith
    Posts: 14381
    Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:52 am

    Re: two strokes

    by AgentSmith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:16 pm

    hondapunk53 wrote:k so do we have to send money in?


    There is no cost for the event. Everybody is responsible for their own expenses, food, campsite fee, etc.

    There is a couple of events such as private rental of a motocross track, etc. Contact Brad (HkePuk) for more info or go here:

    http://www.dirtbikeadventureweek.com/
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    Image
  • hondapunk53
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

    Re: two strokes

    by hondapunk53 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:23 pm

    k i still dont get why some people make such a big deal out of a message board i will admit that i dont know every think but it like its to much for doug to swallow his pride
  • dobent4@yahoo.com
    Posts: 5039
    Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:21 pm

    by dobent4@yahoo.com » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:52 am

    but it like its to much for doug to swallow his pride

    Uh, what ? :roll:
  • Aussiecrf230
    Posts: 1430
    Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:11 pm

    by Aussiecrf230 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:28 am

    Doug,
    Don't wear out the keyboard anymore he is only 13 and has a lot to learn.

    I love 2 smokes too but 4 stroke and a button is nice.

    Politics and sales figures have done this evil to the two stroke (IMHO).
    Ray
    Australia

    CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

    It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • User avatar
    Danny
    Posts: 741
    Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:18 pm

    by Danny » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:12 pm

    I'm probably faster on a 2 stroke,But fast is not a word I would use to describe myself.

    There is no replacement for displacement.

    I have said this so many times... What if the 2 stroke Had fuel injection? And you hooked it up to a computer,Like N-1 has for his street bike?



    Danny

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest