need help
  • guime890

need help

by guime890 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:26 am

im french

i have crf450 07 blow engine

i have engine crf450r 2011 is fit on bolt on ??

the suspension

and all crf2011 fit on 2007 ?

my 2011 eletrique injection ?? is fit on frame chassi crf450r 2007 ?
    JimDirt

Re: need help

by JimDirt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:46 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

To answer your questions as simply as possible , the answer is sort of , No . , but it could be done , nothing will be a Direct "bolt on" , the newer bikes suspension is different length and diameter and will not directly swap out , you could make it work , but its not just a matter of taking the parts and installing them , there is more to it than that , due to frame geometry , etc . the offset of the clamps , and fork lugs (where the axle goes) is offset different than the 07 so the wheel may be closer or farther away from the frame , changing the Rake of the suspension , i am not sure if the steering stem is the same length either , as that would have a factor in how it bolted on directly , if it is , then you have to swap the entire front end , including triple clamps and steering stem , but you need to measure both bikes stem location to make sure they are the same length ...the shock will most likely not fit at all , as it is a different length as far as i know , but you would need to measure both shocks to see if they will interchange , i do not think they will

The engine on the newer bike should fit , but might require engine mounts to be swapped or modified to make it fit , especially the front mounts , and i believe where the swingarm goes thru the motor , it is narrower on the newer engine , i believe , but i have not measured it myself to be sure , so spacers may have to be used in the rear , and i believe where the header exits the head is a different angle and not sure if you would be able to bolt up a 07 exhaust to a newer engine or if it will allow the exhaust to be able to clear the older frame down tubes , it might fit , but i have not measured the difference , so i can' say for sure , and i do not think you could adapt a 11 exhaust to fit the 07 frame , as it sweeps out completely different and would also most likely hit the shock reservoir as they are different length for each year , and then i would not know how it would affect the tuning because of the different length and configuration of the exhaust , the airbox would be different as well , as i believe the EFI is different length than the carb so you would most likely have to adapt the airboot to fit , so again , nothing will "bolt on" without some or major modifications and altering parts to make things fit ....... the wiring , you could make it fit , but again , not saying it can't be done , but you would be better off just getting a 11 chassis to fit the parts you have that are already made for the 11

You would be better off looking for a 02-08 engine , rather than try to swap everything , OR you could look for a Rolling Chassis for a 11 and just install your good 11 engine in that , i have seen complete rolling chassis on eBay for reasonable prices , then you would have a more modern bike and would be much happier than trying to swap everything and hope it handles well , as handling would be the major issue and even the slightest difference will affect handling

Hope that answered your questions , and hopefully you can translate what i am saying , i am not saying it can't be done , but it will require more than just directly bolting parts on , thats all , .... if it was a 250 , then everything would just swap over no problem , but the 450 had a lot of changes to the chassis from 07 to 11

The best advice i can give is to start measuring parts ......... and see if the mounts are in the same location on the engine itself between the 07 and 11 , then you would have to deal with the airbox issues fitting the EFI ........................ for the suspension , you could make the forks work , but most likely not the shock , but you need to measure the lengths and offsets , as that will affect handling , wheelbase ,geometry , etc. , even slight differences will affect handling dramatically , so be careful and measure precisely ................ again , i feel you would be better off and much happier looking for a 2011 rolling chassis or frame and swingarm , to put your 2011 engine and suspension in , rather than swapping everything to you older 07 chassis ................. Jim
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho