Replacement frame tag
  • mxsnow

Replacement frame tag

by mxsnow » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:24 am

Does anybody know if I can get the tag that goes on the right frame spar and say Honda motor corp 2007? It came off of my 2007 450 and I want to replace it.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Back2-2

Re: Replacement frame tag

by Back2-2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am

Bike Bandit sells many of the OEM stickers and labels. Worth a try - Other than them I would say maybe an email to Honda Motor Co, LTD ?
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • mxsnow

by mxsnow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:41 am

Tried all of them,no luck,might have to try Honda. It is no big deal to me if I end up keeping the bike but a potential buyer mentioned it,that and no title. Might keep it and sell my KX450.
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:29 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

That tag just is a easy way to know the year of the bike , the 10th digit in the Vin # is the year of the bike , so if the 10th digit is a 7 then its a 07 , simple as that , you mention not having a Title , if you bought it that way , the reasoning could be that it was not paid for and they were trying to hide its identity by thinking that if they remove the sticker , no one would know its a"wanted" bike ........*this is speculation on my part as i know nothing of the sale or situation surrounding it* , in my state you can't buy a vehicle or register it without a title or MSO Certificate (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) , it can only be sold for "parts" and never be used as a complete bike

So before you get in over your head , i would suggest you write down the Vin # located on the Steering Stem of the frame on the right side , and call your local Motor Vehicle Department and give them the Vin # and have them check to see if it does have a clear title and you will be much better off in the long run , especially if you decide to sell it in the future , it just makes you the good guy in this and saves you a lot of heartache in the long run.....

Not saying you did anything wrong , but lots of people get told "stories" on why there is no title and accept the seller to be honest and end up in a legal battle or getting a visit from the local authorities and end up losing the bike and anything you have installed on it , as they will not let you remove anything from it if they are taking it , which would suck for you , if there is a legitimate reason for no title i would still get it just for your own well being , if the bike is ever stolen from you , you would have no recourse without a title ;) ,
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • mxsnow

by mxsnow » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:11 am

I wont worry about the frame tag,ran the VIN and its clear,no worries there except paying the state money to replace it. I might sell my 07 KX450 and keep the Honda,I have a title for the Kaw,but also a lot of work done to it.
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:49 am

As long as the Vin # is legible , then you should be fine , the "tag" is only for public identification , so you can walk up to a bike and go , Oh ! that's a 07 CRF450R , etc. , i think Honda is the only company that has it , if it was mandatory , then all bikes would be required to have it in plain view and it would have bike specific numbers or I.D. stamps or something pertinent to registration requirements
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • mxsnow

by mxsnow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:03 am

I was able to get a title for the bike from Ohio where it was originally bought,all is good,thanks for the help guys!
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 am

Glad to hear the paperwork is clear =DD
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:33 pm

That is good =DD Title problems can really get ugly. Good to go ! :D
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200