2007 CRF100F Issue
  • TyGordon92

2007 CRF100F Issue

by TyGordon92 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Hey guys,

I have a 2007 CRF100F that is giving me a problem I have never come across before. The bike idles perfectly fine, starts 1-2 kicks every time, but gives hesitation when you go from idle to WOT. If you ease into it, no issue, but if you pin it out of a turn it falls on its face and will sometimes die out completely. I decided to take the carb apart and clean everything, at this point I noticed the previous owner had destroyed the pilot air screw on the bottom. So instead of trying to figure out what else he had done to it I went online and bought a brand new carb. Today I put the new carb on, all screws adjusted to factory settings (stock bike) and got the same issue, played with the air screw a little and nothing helped, so I put it back to factory, rode it a little just easing into the throttle. I pulled the plug and it was golden brown. I opened up the air box pulled the air filter out, started it up and same thing, so I pulled the air tube off the back of the carb, started it up again and it ran perfect all the way through every gear, pulled the spark plug again and still golden brown. Put the air tube back on the carb and it started sputtering and dieing out again just like before. What could cause this issue? Obviously I can't ride without an air filter so I have to come up with a fix somehow. Has anybody else had this issue before?? Please let me know
    Thanks![/quote]