Can anyone name this carb that is on my CRF150F??
  • SCFoyil

Can anyone name this carb that is on my CRF150F??

by SCFoyil » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:46 am

Hi All,

I picked up a CRF150f for my girlfriend last week and the owner told me the old carb wasn't working too well so he put another "bigger" one on. I just purchased a powerup kit from CRFsOnly and am just wondering which carb do I rebuild? Can anyone name the "new" carb that is on my bike right now?

Old carb is on the left in the pics
    New carb is on the right in the pics

• Sweet Lou

by Sweet Lou » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:03 pm

They are both 26 mm carbs, the one on the right is a Mikuni. The carburetor on the left is the stock carb and it is what I like to call the "Calvin Kline" I have the exact same senario for my sons 2004 150f. He is 12. I rebuilt the stock 26mm Calvin Kline but I ..... removed the california emissions first, then capped the three lines with vacuum caps. I also put the choke lever from the mikuni onto the Kline (less hardware) and less hassle. Bike has a complete Pro Circuit T-4 exhaust with no restrictions. Stock motor, stock gearing, 115 main, 42 pilot and 110 octane fuel. I'm 220 lbs and when I test ride it the front end comes off the ground with ease in 1st gear. And at 57 I do not like to wheelie! It is absolutely sinful that this bike runs so good. Good Luck. 'Lou'