What pipe is on your Honda CRF-230F?
  • wfo4ever

What pipe is on your Honda CRF-230F?

by wfo4ever » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:19 am

I am a newbie and need some help. I have a stock 2015 Honda CRF-230F in excellent condition. I am considering uncorking the air filter lid, richen the jetting to 45 slow/120 main jetting, 03-05 CRF-230F 5 clip needle in 4th position, and possibly an after market pipe, Slip-On or Full System. Hoping the group can lead me in the right direction. I have seen some reallr good deals on DG R-Series and O Series Slip- On Exhaust. I have also seen the Pro Circuit, FMF, Dubach Racing, and others Or is the stock pipe the hot set-up. Also which ones make more noise. I ride GNCC type trails at 2,000 to 3,000 feet above seal level in the mountains of North Carolina.
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: What pipe is on your Honda CRF-230F?

by Aussiecrf230 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 pm

I would suggest you try removing standard baffle, leave the spark arrestor in, and see how that works for you. If that is too loud try drilling say half inch holes in the baffle and see how that goes. With the airbox, take out the snorkel but leave the edging rubber as it means there is no sharp edge to get a whistle from. Great bikes that don't need too much to go well. I would save the money for an exhaust to be used towards suspension improvements as best bang for your buck.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas